Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Model Citizens

I've always been fascinated by the production models made in the designing of Disney attractions. I remember learning long ago that most are destroyed after the attraction is built which is pretty sad. Sometimes the little figures show up on display leaving me to wonder how many exist from Horizons. Any? I personally have never seen a model or figure from Horizons in person.

This was one of my favorites, of course, from the classic Making of EPCOT book.


 Though the scene is different from the final version (that was torn to the ground with no respect or remorse) I think it's cool that the female figure is pretty close to the AA figure that ultimately inhabited the scene.


Yellow-ish jump suit, hair color and style. Do you think anybody saved her from the WED Enterprises dumpster? Probably not so.....I made my own.


8 inches tall which may be taller than most WED figures. I have no idea.


I modeled mine after the final version.



I also made her holding the Flavor Grapes like the tiny figure used in the Nova Cite Hologram table.


I made a mold and I'm hand painting each one. I'm selling 25 of these figures, each one signed and numbered. 

 GET YOURS!



No comments:

Post a Comment