Thursday, April 18, 2013

Arts and Crafts With World Famous Dave Ensign Part Three.

The next day we got down to business with the fun part. Ed and I mixed up a special batch of our top secret cement formula and went to work. Sorry but I can't share the recipe. It's our own invention. I can tell you that all you need is a half inch thickness because this shit is hard as nails!


As you cover the Rhino carve your detail with your favorite wire sculpting tool and a dry brush to soften hard edges. By the end of day three (not day 216) you should have the entire body covered. I like to leave the head for last so I can spend a whole day on it.

What's happening here is that we're creating a lightweight durable reproduction for mere pennies. About $1,500 instead of $115,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment