Friday, August 30, 2013

Jungle Cruise Elephants


 Everybody knows I'm crazy about "The Jungle Cruise" no matter which version. I'm also totally addicted to the episode "Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair". I watch it every day. Sometimes I beat myself with a belt and weep while I watch it. Not really but I do eat candy and drink Kool Aid. Here's how the two came together today while I skipped work because I hate my boss and wish he would catch on fire.

 I've been fascinated by the Elephant bathing pool for years and I've spent a lot of time looking at the picture below. We don't have that figure in Florida nor was it ever planned as part of our Jungle River Cruise. It's great but WTF?



 It's pretty cool but it doesn't seem to fit in. Is the picture below a hoax? Is that figure still at Disneyland? That looks fake to me but hold on here.


There he goes again up the rocks! 


I spend HOURS, folks, worrying about Audio-Animatronic figures, tooling, skins, etc. This is a great looking figure but....I saw it somewhere else come to think of it.


There we go!!!! From "Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair" it's the same elephant that the cave men are trying to kill in Ford's Magic Skyway! 


 

 It's from the same tooling for sure. Was it originally created for the bathing pool or the World's Fair? Was this figure a part of the bathing pool when it opened? It could have been made for the Jungle Cruise but re purposed for the Fair. Reason being it doesn't look natural in the above screen grab. OR it was for the fair and it's being added (Black and white picture) as an after thought to the Jungle Cruise. Which is it?

Either way it's bad ass.





3 comments:

  1. Oh HECK yes!!!! Another video for me to enjoy. I've always wanted to be part of the Skyway. Thank you Señor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catch on the Ellytronics. You certainly have an eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post without doubt. The information shared is of top quality which has to get appreciated at all levels. Well done keep up the good work. I will provide us some more information like this.Glacier Bay Boats.

    ReplyDelete